Sunday, 9 June 2013
Seeking information how SAI/SNI/SAFI No. 2/S/98 was promulgated when matter was Sub-judice
By SPEED POST – ACK DUE form attached
S Y Savur
Cellphone” +91 9449676278 141, Jal Vayu Towers,
+91 9688782227 NGEF Layout,
Indira Nagar (PO),
Bangalore – 560038
SYS/RTI/MoD/2013 20th May 2013
CPIO & Under Secretary (Pay/Services),
Ministry of Defence,
New Delhi – 110 011
REQUEST FOR INFORMATION: RANK PAY MATTER
1. I refer to MoD F. No. 35 (1)/2013 – D (Pay/Services) dated 26th April 2013 received on 1st May 2013 by Speed Post at 13.20 hours. As I am aggrieved with the reply, I have preferred a First Appeal.
2. Notwithstanding my First Appeal stated in para 1 above, I enclose crossed Indian Postal Order Number 19F 632288 issued by the Indira Nagar PO on 16.4.2013 for Rs 10/- (Rupees Ten only), endorsed to Accounts Officer (DAD), Ministry of Defence (Civil), payable at New Delhi, as application fee for this fresh application.
3. As quoted in the SAI/SNI/SAFI No. 2/S/1998, MoD appears to have processed the promulgation of SAI/SNI/SAFI No. 2/S/1998 in Rank Pay matter on MoD file No 1(21)/97/D (Pay/Services) including concurrence of MoD (Finance) vide U.O. No. 1244-PA dated 19th December 1997.
4. Please provide me with photocopies of information comprising Records, notes, documents, memos, e-mails, opinions, advices, circulars, orders, logbooks, reports, papers of the file(s) of MoD and MoD (Finance) referred to in paragraph 3 upto and including promulgation of SAI/SNI/SAFI No. 2/S/1998.
5. I inform in advance that I may not be requested to visit MoD to inspect and search for the documents/information. I shall remit, as I have done hitherto, any additional amount, so desired by MoD, for the photocopies.
(S Y Savur)
Encl: IPO No. 19F 632288 as stated at Para 2 above.
Ministry of Defence
Subject: Seeking information under RTI Act – 2002 – Shri S Y Savur
A copy of the RTI application dated 20.5.2012 of Shri S Y Savur of Bangalore on the above subject is enclosed herewith.
2. The applicant vide Para 4 of his application has sought photocopies of information of files of MoD and MoD (Finance). As the information sought relating to the file of Defence (Finance) comes under the purview of Defence (Finance), the application is therefore transferred to them as per the provisions under Section 6(3) of RTI Act 2005 for taking appropriate action at their end and to provide the requisite information to the applicant directly.
3. Action on MoD part will be taken by this section separately after return of MoD file No. 1(21)/97/D(Pay/Services) which was sent to Defence (Finance/AG/PA) on 23.3.2013 alongwith Air HQ file No. Air HQ.99141/4/AFPCC in connection with issue of Corrigendum to Service Instructions.
(P. S. Walia)
Under Secretary & CPIO
AFA & CPIO, Defence (Finance)/AG/PA
MoD ID No. PC – 35(1)/2013/D(Pay/Services) dated 28 May 2013
Encl as above
Copy for information to: -
Shri S Y Savur, 141 Jal Vayu Towers, NGEF Layout, Indira Nagar (PO), Bangalore - 560038