No.1 /2/86-Estt.( Pay-I)
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCES & PENSIONS
(DEPARTMENT OF PERSONNEL & TRAINING)
New Delhi, the 10th April, 1987
Subject: Recommendation of the Fourth Central Pay Commission - Decisions relating to fixation of pay on promotion/appointment from one post to another carrying duties and responsibilities of greater importance.
The undersigned is directed to refer to the recommendations of the Fourth Central Pay Commission, as contained in paras 23.15 and 9.25 of their Report, relating to fixation of pay of Central Government employees on promotion/appointment from one post to another. After careful consideration, the Government have decided to accept the recommendation contained in para 23.15 subject to the modification that there shall be no minimum benefit. The Government have not accepted the recommendation contained in
para 9.25 and decided that in case of promotion of Central Secretariat Service Officers from Under Secretary level to Deputy Secretary level also pay should be fixed under FR. 22-C as in all other promotions.
2. In supersession of all the various existing orders, the President is pleased to decide that where a Government servant is promoted or appointed to another post carrying duties and responsibilities of greater importance than those attached to the post held by him, the provisions contained in FR. 22-C shall apply without pay limits.
3. Action is being taken separately to amend the rule.
4. In so far as the persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders are being issued after consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
Tel. No. 3015272
All Ministries/Departments of Government of India etc. etc.
No.1/2/86-Estt.(Pay - I) dated the 10th April, 1987
Copies also forwarded to:-
1. The Comptroller & Auditor General of India and all States under his control
2. Controller General of Accounts/Controller of Accounts, Ministry of Finance
3. Secretaries to Union Public Service Commission/Supreme Court of India/Election Commission/Lok Sabha Secretariat/Rajya Sabha Secretariat/Cabinet Secretariat/Central Vigilance Commission/President’s Secretariat/Vice President's Secretariat/Prime Minister's Office/Planning Commission/Fourth Central Pay Commission.
4. Department of Personnel & Training (AIS Division)/JCM Admn. Section.
5. Additional Secretary (Union Territories), Ministry of Home Affairs.
6. All State Governments and Union Territories.
7. Governors of all States/Lt. Governors of Union Territories.
8. Secretary, National Council (Staff Side), 13-C, Feroze Shah Road, New Delhi.
9. All Members of the Staff Side of the National Council·of JCM/Departmental Council.
10. All Officers/Sections of the Department of Personnel and Training/Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances/Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare.
11. Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure.
12. 3000 Spare Sets.