No. 12 (01)/2014-D(Pen/Pol)
Ministry of Defence
Deptt of Ex-Servicemen Welfare
New Delhi the 24th April 2014
As decided in the meeting on OROP chaired by Hon’ble RM on 22.04.14, a Working Group is constituted as follows to finalize the modalities of implementation of OROP, based on the principle specified in the previous meeting on OROP held on 26.02.14. The principle of OROP implies that uniform pension be paid to the Armed Forces personnel retiring in the same rank with the same length of service irrespective of their date of retirement and any future enhancement in the rates of pension to be automatically passed on to the past pensioners.
2. The composition of the Working Group would be as follows:
(i) Controller General of Defence Accounts Chairperson
(ii) Joint Secretary (ESW) Member
(iii) Joint Secretary (E), Deptt of Defence Member
(iv) Addl FA (Defence Finance) Member
(v) Representatives of the three Services Member
(vi) Addl CGDA Member
(vii) PCDA (P), Allahabad Member
3. The Terms of Reference of the Working Group are as follows: -
(i) To examine the proposal on implementation of OROP presented by the Services in the meeting on 22.04.14 to enable CGDA to prepare a DGL, after due deliberation on all aspects.
(ii) To work out the detailed financial implications.
4. CGDA would finalise the DGL and submit it to D/o ESW, Mod along with financial implications thereof, within three weeks from the date of this order.
5. Since substantial increase is anticipated in expenditure on OROP, FA (DS) would thereafter seek additional funds as per requirement.
6. This issues with the approval of the Competent Authority.
Deputy Secretary (Pension)
Controller General of Defence Accounts
Ulan Batar Road, Palam,
1. Defence Secretary
5. FA (DS)
6. Joint Secretary (E), D/o Defence
Copy also to:
1. PS to RM
2. PS to RRM
3. SO to Defence Secretary
4. PPS to Secretary (ESW)
5. PPS to JS (EWS)