Monday, 4 March 2013
Rank Pay Arrears Update: Air Force
My intention of requesting for and meeting with AOC AFCAO, and ACAS (Accts & Air Veterans) was to impress up on them to use their websites proactively to provide information on the vexing Rank Pay issue and other issues. I informed them that what is available on the respective websites is either obsolete or inadequate resulting in the Nodal Officer (Wg Cdr Mehta) being loaded with queries which he is finding difficult given the increased workload as the Officer-in-charge, Officers Pay Wing (OPW).
I reproduce, as faithfully and as accurately as my aging memory would permit, outcome of the interactive sessions. As usual, E & O E applies.
Interaction with Air Cmde NPS Dalmi, VSM, AOC AFCAO on 1st March 2013
1. Where entries in IRLA has become indecipherable due to wear and tear or fading of ink, sanction has been obtained for interpolating data based on the rest of the available date.
2. Payment records dating back to July 1984 have to be reviewed so that payment of stagnation increments is updated.
3. Every effort is being made to ensure error-free payments and cooperation of officers and NoK is requested to make it possible.
4. AOC AFCAO, requested retired officers to send, if not already done so, the following information to AFCAO after checking if one’s name features on the AFCAO website: -
(a) Rank and Name,
(b) Bank Name and Account number,
(c) Present address,
(e) NoK must send affidavit
AOC AFCAO said it Would help expedite payment if these are also provided
(f) IFSC Number – that alpha-numerics on your cheque or on the front page of your Bank pass book. It could read like SBTR0000679 (that is my Bank’s branch IFSC Number)
(g) PAN Card Number so that AFCAO can deposit Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) within the stipulated period and it would help in filling your tax returns for FY 2012-13
5. Those wishing to communicate with AFCAO may email him at email@example.com or call mobile number +91 9899486970 or +91 11 25687194 or 25696366. Please see the AFCAO website for more details and weekly updates.
6. Arrears, subject to audit, will be credited to individual’s Bank account, after deducting TDS, starting with those officers who retired/NoK of officers who died earliest i.e. from 1.1.1986. Payment of arrears would then be made based on year of retirement/death of officers with those who retired after 1.1.2006 being in the last batch.
7. There are about 26, 000 eligible officers & NoK whose arrears of pay and leave encashment will be paid, subject to all the details in para 1 above being available with AFCAO. If you are in doubt whether your details are with AFCAO, please contact AOC AFCAO on his telephone numbers or email at the contact information provided in Para 5 above.
Interaction with Air Vice Marshal A K Sharma VSM, ACAS (Accts & Air Veterans), Air Cmde Subhani, PD Accts, and Gp Capt KUK Reddy, D Accts on 1st March 2013
Update provided by the above: -
1. The Dte of Air Veterans website (www.iafpensioners.gov.in) has had some problems because the VPN was not renewed since December 2012; renewal is under process.
2. The Dte of Air Veterans website would be up dated on a weekly basis and also checked every week for replies to queries.
3. Based on discussions held at a meeting taken by Addl Secy, MoD with LA (Defence), CGDA representative etc present, consequent to a letter from Chairman CoSC to Raksha Mantri, it is hoped there would be some positive forward movement to iron out the anomalies.